The B_VOID (Buffalo Visions of Identity) Competition is the formative event establishing a working model & Organization to raise support, awareness and funding for a common vision that frames the structural transformations already taking place in Buffalo.
• It is an initiator, an idea generator, forum, motor, catalyst for change, all at once that tries to improve and give new quality to structural transformations already taking place.
• It does not create any projects. Instead, it supports existing project-makers or founds new ones in order to promote unusual ideas.
• It only persuades – seeing itself as “a nexus in a network” that brings together regional and international views and the region’s own self-image with its image further afield.• It is based on communication and cooperation and depends on collaboration with third parties.
• It is not an authority, but an intermediary organization outside the planning hierarchy.
• It does not produce building plans, or have the ability to impose restrictions on plans.